Monday, April 6, 2020

Go big or go home!

Any of you ever take it into your mind that you just had to start a new project and it just had to be some big, amazing. crazy kind of project?
Yeah, that's me too apparently. I had been thinking about a crochet project. I don't usually crochet but once in a great while I take into my head to do a little something. I also don't do afghans - EVER.
This January though, I took it into my head to start a temperature blanket. Because why not. I mean, really, lots of people make afghans. It shouldn't be that difficult, right? So I went to the knitpicks website and started color shopping. I knew right off that I wanted to use Swish DK - not to big and not to small but nice and soft and washable. After checking out the colors they had and considering what colors I like I came up with a plan.

1. Wonderland Heather color 1: 0-10
2. Gulfstream color 2: 11-18
3. Twilight color 3: 19-26
4. Dusk color 4: 27-35
5. Delft Heather color 5: 36-42
6. Dove Heather color 6: 43-49
7. Carnation color 7: 50-56
8. Rouge color 8: 57-64
9. Hollyberry color 9: 65-70
10. Marble Heather color 10: 71-77
11. Sugar Plum color 11: 78-82
12. Amethyst Heather color 12: 83-88
13.Eggplant color 13: 89-94
??color 14: 95-100

 By the time my first order arrived January was more than half gone so I was starting out behind the 8 ball already. So I began tracking the local high temps for each day and planning for when the I could start.





 So, these are the colors that January will be made of. Let's see how it goes!!


Have you ever created a temperature blanket? Have you ever started a temperature blanket? Do ou prefer bigger project or quicker, smaller projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment