Thursday, October 27, 2011

The wonderful thing...

The wonderful thing about knitting is that there are SO many options - so many yarn bases, so many colors and dyers, so many patterns & knit-a-longs (KAL's). Just so much! You can do anything, be anything, make anything.
The bad thing about knitting is all of the things I just listed. LOL. Every time I read a post on Ravelry or the knitting forum of my cloth diaper board or look at a new magazine ( LOVE that new November Creative Knitting!!) it just adds ten more things that I want to make or yarn I want to buy or fibers I want to spin. So it's wonderful that there are all those options - I just LOVE it!! But boy does it play havoc with me getting anything accomplished.
SO as I posted yesterday I started the Multnomah for my daughter. Then last night I read a post from a friend saying she needed a test knitter. OHHHHHH. Yes, please. I love my friend, I love her designs and hey I love seeing things before everyone else (don't you?). So I couldn't say anything but "sign me up please!" right? And since it is test knitting it is on a deadline so the Multnomah will have to go on the back burner for a bit (sorry baby girl). But I'm so excited to do the test knit!! I don't think L will mind too much because this will probably go to her when it is done as well.
Does everyone else have as much trouble with being distracted by all the possibilities out there or am I the only one?

Oh and on the topic of the new Creative Knitting (issue - November 2011) - WOW! I love this magazine! I should really get a digital subscription so that I don't miss out by picking them up at the grocery store. The items in this issue have already been added to Ravelry - you can find it by searching in the pattern tab (search 'Creative knitting November 2011'). It's nice to be able to see what is in the magazine if you are not a regular purchaser.
I am in LOVE with the little girls dress & jacket they have in this one - The Bianca Bolero & Jumper. I can just see that on my little girl.
Fresh Powder, Gryphon, and the Arbutus Swing Jacket are all very pretty. They really caught my eye as potential sweaters. The Winter Spice is another of the circular sweaters that are so popular right now. Really pretty. This issue was packed full of pretty things.
I do have to share a bit of a funny. So I'm sitting at the table last night flipping through the magazine - I like to look at all the ads and everything as well, not just the patterns. I come across an ad for a new yarn, Berroco Boboli. The lady in the ad was holding a HUGE ball (hand wound looking) of this yarn. The colors were rather jewel toned and this ball was just HUGE - think basketball. I then notice a QR code in the corner of the page. Right away I grabbed my phone, scanned the code and found the website. I got to looking and bam! it hit me, the yarn comes in 3.5 ounce hanks. Booohoooo. I thought maybe it was a new gimmick and they were selling it in these great big balls (sweater quantities maybe?). I so wanted one, lol. Now I don't want the yarn, lol. Though it really is very pretty. Anyhow, that is my funny moment for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment