Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend full of knitting.

I set a goal for myself this past weekend of finishing the front of Darling Hubby's sweater and starting the sleeves. Thanks to a friend who gave me a push by offering to race on our knitting I made my goal with flying colors! The front got finished and I am now 11 inches into the sleeves. I'm knitting both of them at the same time - on the same cable. I'm a little less than halfway done with their length. I'm pretty happy with that progress. Still plenty to do of course but it is a good dent in what needed to be done.
With 17 days left to finish the sweater I am still going to have to really work it but I feel better about how much is done.

As a reward (and a rest for my hands & wrists) I decided to work on the test knit I am doing. Can't forget that I have to have it done before the end of the month as well!

Last week I spent a bit of time working on going through all my yarns stash. Wow - that's a lot of yarn. I pulled quite a few things out to destash and hopefully help me clean up and better organize my craft room. I've got a giant basket of fiber for spinning that I need to go through too. I really want to spend more time with my spinning wheel. Need to make that a priority I guess. Perhaps after I get the two time sensitive things off of the needles I'll be able to.


Anyway, that is all for now. Hope everyone had a fun knitting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment