Friday, December 9, 2011

Knitting goals...decided (probably).

As I mentioned before, coming up with knitting goals is really hard for me. I do not want them to be something so specific that they stifle all creativity, but if there isn't some kinda of point to them then, well what's the point.
So after much deliberation I think I have finally come up with some reasonable goals for my knitting/fiber arts in 2012.

  1. Spin for 10 minutes a day (more is great).
  2. Knit from stash - don't order new yarn for projects if it can be helped.
  3. Knit patterns from books already in my library.
  4. Knit for more people than just Lilly-girl (even though she is the smallest/fastest knits)
  5. Try to keep WIP's and UFO's down to no more than 3 at a time.
  6. Really stop to think twice and thrice before ordering new yarn/fiber.


These goals seem entirely reasonable and responsible to me (at least right now they do). That should make it easier to keep on the straight and narrow....right? RIGHT? Come on people, be supportive. *grin*

Perhaps I'll get really industrious and check to see if all my Ravelry stash is accounted for and that all the mostly used skeins are marked correctly so that I can actually track how many skeins I really do use/add over the course of the next year. That would be fun....as long as I stick to it, otherwise it could be depressing.

So, what kinds of goals are YOU going to have for the following year?

1 comment:

  1. 1.To take one day off work a month.
    2.To make strides with organic farming and the marketing of healthy beef
    3. To buy something for me with each pay check that is not always yarn related ;)

    ReplyDelete