Friday, December 16, 2011

Weekend plans. Help me decide. **and a little enabling**

Wow! It happened again! The week had just flown by. Where does the time go? Just another couple of weeks and this year will be gone forever. (that's a little depressing)
On a happy note, I found a stack of knitting and spinning magazines piled in a corner of my craft room today *grin*. I do believe that this weekend I will look through them and decide which ones to keep and which ones to give away. It's always fun to look through them again, specially when it has been a while.
So, no unusual plans here this weekend. Just the usual relaxing weekend we usually have in the winter. Hopefully lots of knitting. My projects seem to be piling up like crazy the last few days. Though it is possible that some of it is completely in my head and not actual projects yet *laugh*.

One of the things I'm thinking of starting is a Knitted Monster from the Rebecca Danger book, The Big Book of Monsters. I've had the book for several months and keep wanting to make one so I finally decided I am going to! Why not, right? These critters are just SOOOO darn cute! How can I resist? SO while trying to decide which one to do I realized that there are two of them whose names start with B - perfect for fitting in the stash down A to Z group, December being the letter B. Yay!!!! Love it when things work so well like that!!
However, I have a small dilema...which one to make?? We have:

Both are uber de duber cute! Both start with the letter B! Both would be equally loved by some little person in my house....Ack! Dilemma dilemma. So, help me decide. Leave a comment on this post telling me which one you think I should do. I'll count them up Sunday morning some time when I am ready to start the little monster. Yay!!

So other weekend knitting & spinning plans so far are:

  1. Finish the Multnomah!! I have either 4 or 8 rows left - depends on the amount of yarn. Should be an easy finish...right? Right? Good.
  2. Put at least 2 inches on Darling Hubby's Basketweave Scarf.
  3. One point on the hitchhiker scarflette for the knitgirllls KAL.
  4. Spin at least 10 minutes each day - see how much of my LOOP batt I can get spun! *luv*
  5. And of course the "B" monster - at least start.


Some other things that are floating through my head - cause you know you are curious about what's up there *wink*...

  • Hat for my sister - have the yarn all picked out...have had for nearly 2 months (oops)
  • Hat for her husband - (my sister has a husband, still getting used to that)
  • Hat for one of the boys from my handspun
  • Socks for my Darling Hubby - though this one will wait til next year at least
  • Bel Cloche - for Lilly-girl. Would fit in with B month for Stash down A - Z.

Ahhh, I know there are more but that is what is coming to mind at the moment...


Oh, another piece of fun news! I'm sure it comes as no surprise to anyone who has been reading here that I LOVE (great big pink hearts of love) Three Irish Girls yarn. Yummy bases, gorgeous colors, smart & beautiful proprietress....TIG just has it all going on. Anywho, yesterday, today and through the weekend is the Three Irish Girls end of the year sale! Excess (ready to ship) yarns are listed on the Yarnista's blog here and it becomes a great big free for all to get lots of yummy yarny goodness. I am doing my best to be good and not buy everything *wink* like I usually do. SO jump on over there and keep an eye out for yummy deals! Also there is a thread on the TIG Ravelry forum where everyone is egging on everyone else and just having a good ol' time. So if you are looking for some fun it's a great place to be.

I think that is everything going on here today. Not too much (is it nap time yet??). We shall see just how much progress I make this weekend and if I finish anything I'll be sure to try to get pics for next week - assuming weather/lighting cooperate.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!!! (buy lots of pretty yarn!)

7 comments: