Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sidetracked again!

Yesterday was a day of being sidetracked. First one thing and then another.
One of those things was finding out that the new Knitty is out! It's always so fun to heck out the new pattern releases. Unfortunately not many of the patterns really interested me this time - lots of beautiful items, just not ones I'd make. Some of the really pretty ones to me are the Alata sweater and the Grace socks.

Today continued with the distractions. These were all great distractions though! In October Three Irish Girls released a limited edition set of colorways to honor the King & Queen of Norway and their trip to Minnesota! ( you can read about that here on the Yarnista's blog) I was able to order some of them!! And they arrived today. YUM! Yes that is all I can say!
My most favorite one is Point Park Lilacs. Gorgeous!


Is that not absolutely gorgeous? Well I think it is. I am leaning towards using three of the skeins (On springvale super, worsted weight, superwash base) for a Cali Cargo dress for Lilly-girl. Hopefully I can find a semi-solid in my stash of the appropriate weight to put with it for the trim. I think she would like that and it would be oh-so-cute!

Another distraction that occurred today - also in the form of yarn - is that I received an order from the Net Loft, a delightful little store in Cordova, Alaska. They have some beautiful colorways dyed by Three Irish Girls that are specific to their store only. The colorways are based on local icons, flowers, etc. My most recent purchase from there is the beautiful Cordova Flora minskein set. Eight miniskeins in a mix of colors that represent their local flora. So pretty! I am thinking I will use them for socks and/or a shawl for Lilly-girl. They are really bright and colorful. Perfect for a little girl who has her very own sense of style! If you are on facebook you can "like" The Net Loft and see some of the Three Irish Girls colorways they have had dyed.

Well, I was going to review my newer magazines but since Knitty provided the first distraction and I gave a very short review of that I think I will hold off on the magazines. Save them for another day.

In personal knitting news I finished the garter section of the Multnomah I was working on and am ready to stat the feather & fan portion of it. I don't know if I'll get that set up with markers and start it or if I'll dig out the trim I need to start the Cali Cargo dress....that is really calling to me.
Happy knitting to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment