Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A quick catch up.

Wow! I can not believe it is December already! How does that happen??

Unfortunately I did not get Darling Hubby's sweater done by Thanksgiving! SO sad! I was moving along making tons of great progress - front done, back done, sleeves done...when it occured to me that the sleeves did not look like they were going to fit. Do a quick measure...nope, definitely not going to be the baggy sweater he was asking for! ARGH! So I stopped after finishing the sleeves. I am going to have to wash it and block it all out to see if I get any growth (I don't think I will, the swatch did not). Then I will have to consult some very smart knitting brains (with way more experience than I myself have) and see what can be done.

In the meantime I was able to finish the test knit I was working on and it has been published, so I can share!!
The pattern is called Anadara. It is a beautiful shawl. I'm not much of one for knitting fingering weight shawls but I HAD to test knit this pattern. It's beautiful and designed by my friend - so what else could I do. If you are looking for a quick and easy knit - maybe something to do as a gift - you should really check it out! And if you want to knit it with others there is a Knit-a-long that has been started on the SPAllison group on Ravelry here.
And my finished Anadara:



I used Three Irish Girls club colorways, Sproutling & Beach Cottage, in the Velvet Sock base.
They were quite lovely to work with. A skein of each was sufficient with some of the semi-solid left.
Lilly-girl loves it! She even slept in it the first night after it was blocked.

So after I finished that another friend asked if I'd like to test knit a baby doll piece - I did, of course! It was an uber fast knit. When she releases it I'll post it here as well.

Then I spent a little time working on the Multnomah in Raspberry Mint (Grant Creek Yarns). It is coming along quite well. But once again it has been put back on the back burner.

And on December 1st I stated the KnitGirllls knit-a-long using Cloudlover's Haunted Vineyard colorway. I'm making the Hitchhiker shawlette. I have about 10 points done. The first ones move really fast. The one skein of yarn I bought will not make the 42 points, but that's okay as it is for Lilly-girl anyhow. This too has been pushed aside though.

Another friend has a test knit that I'm going to be working on. I need to start on it right away. First the dreaded gauge swatch. Nah, it will not be too bad. Actually it might be even pleasant. I'm using Three Irish Girls Wexford yarn base - a blend of silk and wool. Yummy! It has the most dreamy sheen/glow to it! LOVE it!

So that is what I've been up to.
When I arrived home from Kentucky there were lots of bags of yarn and fiber waiting for me at my desk! So much yumminess.

I will be sure to try to write frequently again now that I am back.
Perhaps next time I'll review the magazines I just bought.
Have fun knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment