Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pretending it's Tuesday...

As usual time has gotten completely away from me, again. Guess that just means my life is full. A good thing.
Tuesday I was going to post a couple of magazine reviews...and then I picked up new magazines last night while at the grocery...so maybe I'll review those instead.

I picked up three magazines:

Lots of fun!!!

Where to start...well how about Knit 'n Style since it is first in the list.

There is a really neat cardi vest on the front page. Probably not one I'd wear but it still looks really neat to me. I love the sideways construction! Actually without the art yarns I would probably wear it happily.

There are always lots of patterns in the Knit 'n Style magazines that appeal to me. This one is no different. An interesting thing about this magazine is that it also contains patters that are crochet as well as a couple for machine knitting! Neat! Love variety!

So among the beautiful patterns in this issue are Scalloped Mini Shawl - a pretty feather and fan pattern. Shoulder Shawlette - a lacy and dainty shawlette that I can completely see on a friend at church (Marissa - you need to learn to knit in your 'free' time). Woven Cable Shawl - very pretty and has a handy loop on the front to pull the other size through so keep it pulled together...I can see myself making this for my grandmother (though don't let that lead you to think it looks anything other than stylish - cause she rocks!), though I'm not sure about the cables, very beautiful though. The Skinny Stripes Shawl is SO going on my to knit list - going to put my little sticky tab right on that page....oh sticky tab, where are you....there, done. Need to find some pretty self striping yarn in my stash (or dye some). This one is just so perfect for Lilly-girl. I am not a cape/capelet person but the Viennese Capelet is really appealing to me. The Casual Men's Polo is REALLY appealing as well...perhaps when I have Darling Hubby's sweater finished and have had some recovery time I'll have to consider it...I really think it would look lovely on him. Buttonless Jacket is so pretty. I love the simple style, it would go with anything. And there are so many more that I haven't mentioned. Definitely lots of patterns in this one.

This time there is also an article about Yarn Substitution - things to think about when using a yarn other than what is called for in the pattern. Very handy information!!


Next, Interweave Knits. There is a GORGEOUS sweater on the front of this one. A friend brought this one to my attention and put this magazine on my must get list for this issue. Briar Rose Tunic is the name of this one. Just WOW. I don't know if it is the lines, the cable, the color, or a combination of it all. Anyone want to volunteer to knit this for me? *grin* Gorgeous! Also in this issue (as if it needed anything else??) is an article by Eunny Jang about cables. Looks very informative (going to have to read it when the kids are quiet). Several interesting sweater patterns are in this issue. They have a retro look about them. Also in this issue is a cute pattern for slippers. If they were sized for toddlers I'd make them for Lilly-girl. The fabled cardigan is another that I just love! I totally see myself making this one for Lilly-girl. I'm not a lover of making cables but it is just so pretty, and it is out of bulky yarn! SO I do believe it is a must. Lots and lots of cable patterns in this magazine this time.


Third is the Knitsimple magazine. I love looking at the book reviews in this magazine. A couple that caught my eye were The Knitter's Life List, Knitted Dinosaurs and the novels How to knit a heart back home/Wishes & stitches. This issue includes a couple of afghan patterns (knit & crochet), lots of sweaters, some shawls...the Triangle lace shawl and the textured shawl both look pretty & cozy. A few matching sets caught my eye, mittens, cowls, etc. Again several pretty items!! Though the granny square skirt is not one that is going to make it to the top of my list. *grin*


So lots and lots of great new patterns have been released in this bunch of mgazines! I am looking forward to casting some of these on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment