Monday, January 13, 2020

All the little babies...all the little babies...

One-Skein Wonders® for Babies: 101 Knitting Projects for Infants & Toddlers

Yep, that's the book - the one I have been knitting all the baby items from of late. I don't know what it is about this book that I love so much but there are so many cute items in it that I want to knit. As I mentioned before, I went so far as to number all the patterns and then choose yarns to go with them! I could be a little overly excited about these knits...maybe just a little. Or maybe it isn't overly-excited, but exactly the right amount of excitement. It is hard to not get excited about babies! And when all my friends are having babies around me...that just means all the baby knits HAVE to happen and I get a touch excited. Today I was at a baby shower for one of them while holding another friend's baby who was born a month or so ago. Yes, I was in baby heaven.

So, back to the book. There are numerous sections of the book from little ensembles to tops to bottoms to dresses to hats to socks & booties to accessories to blankets to toys and finished off with a miscellany section. Now let's just get this right out of the way - I don't knit afghans as a general rule and toys tend to hurt my hands because of the tight tension. So those patterns won't really be of much use to me. However, oh my the tops, the hats, the bibs, the bottoms, the sweaters...yeah I think they make it so worth it!

Let's take a look at some of the yarns and items I have chosen to work on this year! Here are the yarns.



 

Now to have a peak with how I am pairing some of these with patterns from the books!
This one is the Warm Heart Baby Vest and is the baby project I have been working on lately.


 

And the next one I will cast on from the baby knits books is the My Beau's Vest and Things. This little vest just makes my heart sing! It is so cute!! I have never done an i-cord edging before but I look forward to learning that technique and putting it into practice.


I also cast on the Birthday baby sweater but did so in girly colors and apparently all my friends are having boys. I'm pretty sure it is a conspiracy.


A couple of the others I am looking forward to knitting (just a few)







Yes, I really do have a thing for all the cute girly knits. *chuckle*

So you can see why I went ahead and purchased this book! If you are needing to knit a bunch of baby items or just love to knit them maybe you should check out this book!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment