Thursday, January 2, 2020

First thing off the needles!

Something positive to start the new year off with - a finished knitting project! Yes, it is a baby size item and yes it was started in 2019, however, it is off the needles, ends woven in, washed/blocked and drying. (Hence the not so great picture).
I very much enjoyed knitting this pattern and look forward to seeing it on the little guy it is for!.

So, the project details:

  • Baby Vertebrae (DK version)
  • by Kelly van Niekerk
  • 0-3 months size 
  • Knit for: Baby EH
  • Yarn: TIG Springvale DK (colorway is forgotten)
  • Needles: US 6 & 4
  • Began December 2019, Completed Jan 2, 2020
Notes: Followed the pattern pretty closely as written. Though it is amusing to have to constantly remind myself to flip my measuring tape over when measuring lengths. Definitely a pattern I will make again (this is the second one).


So that means I am down one item on my WIP's carried over. From 18 down to 17, yep I am kicking booty and taking names....or not *smile*.

In other news, two days in a row of getting my spin 10 in! Yay! Currently, I am working on some Charolais. It is so springy and enjoyable to spin! It will be enjoyable to knit with as well I think!

Now to decide what to work on next. I am thinking the warm heart baby vest as there is another baby due just around the corner and no one wants to give me girls to knit for. Has anyone else noticed the people in their lives having only boys? Out of half a dozen people I know having babies in a 4 month period - all boys! What are the chances?
Oh yeah, back to the baby vest. I have it started and it was laying on the sofa when apparently the little barn kitten we saved from certain death decided the wool would be a great thing to chew on...not cool kitty! So I need to tink back a row or so cut off the chewed yarn and reattach the clean yarn end - nothing like kitty drool crunchy wool yarn *shudder*. Here is what the picture in the book looks like (this is from the same book I mentioned and showed in my earlier post).
So I guess I am going to wrap this up and get back to my knitting/tinking. What are you knitting on this new year? Any goals? Finished objects yet? Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment