Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Spin Me Right Round

If you know me at all, you know that I also love to spin on my spinning wheels. In 2019 I went through a lot of my fiber and created a basket to spin from. It mostly contained undyed fibers from a variety of sheep that I had no previous experience with. There were a couple of items in there that were dyed but mostly just natural. Well, I did not come even close to finishing *boohoo*. So one of my spinning goals for this year is to continue working through that fiber. It would be incredible if I could get through that and focus on some other things.

This is everything from the basket (spun and not):

That really is quite a bit of fiber to spin. I made it through some of it. Some were 1 oz samples of different fibers, some were larger projects, some I dyed first, etc.
This photo shows the ones that I either completed the spinning on or am in mid-spin on:
 
 And then this is what is left unspun to take into 2020 with me:




If I am reallllly dedicated then I should be able to get the rest of this spun...I should...I'd also really like to start another sweater spin. The larger bag in the lower left corner of this picture is some cormo. I would like to dye that for a sock spin. And I am considering doing a combo spin to make something for L - maybe a sweater or something. I have yet to embark on a combo spin so that could be fun.

My 2020 spinning goals at the moment are

  • Spin 10 minutes/day
  • Dye & Spin sock yarn
  • Finish 2019 spin basket
  • Spin a sweater quantity
  • Look at doing a combo spin, maybe for Lil.
I think I can I think I can I think I can....right?
Do you spin? If so, what is your favorite thing to spin? Do you have any goals or anything regarding spinning in 2020?



No comments:

Post a Comment