Saturday, January 11, 2020

Second Project off the Broken Needles

I am excited to say that I have completed my second item for the new year...yes it was a hat and therefore a small item but nonetheless, it is a COMPLETED item! Yay!!! I am not excited to say that I had to resort to my DPN's while doing the decreases because my circular needle came apart. Sadness.
This hat practically flew off the needles. The great thing about self-striping yarn is that it is so quick to knit. It seems I get sucked into that "just one more stripe" mentality and things just fly right off the needles!
So, on to the details:
  • Sockhead Hat 
  • by Kelly McClure
  • size: adult medium, as written
  • Knit for: AW
  • Yarn: Quaere Fibre Bow Ties are Cool
  • Needles: US 2.5 (3mm)
  • Began Dec 2019 - Completed January 11th, 2020
Notes: Followed the pattern pretty closely as written this time.  This is a pattern I have knit many times. I even have another on the needles at the moment stashed in my desk at work for when I need something to occupy myself. I have yarn sitting by my chair to cast on the next one already. My 18 yr old son picked out yarns for a hat for himself. So I will probably cast that on pretty soon.





What do I work on next? I definitely want to continue my #Make30for30 with my sweater. I love that I am making progress on it. I also need to continue progress on the baby knit that is currently on the needles. It isn't necessarily the best on the go knitting because I have to pay close attention to the pattern stitch and where I am in it. Also, I have to count. I don't like things that require counting when I am in church/BIble study or having conversations with people. I prefer mindless knitting for that sort of thing. My sweater is good mindless knitting but it is large to cart around places. So do I start a new project or find something else in my WIP pile that fits my criteria? 
The sockhead hat for me stays in my drawer at the office so that can't really replace the one I just finished. The baby bibs need to be washed/blocked so they can be seamed. I can do that when I wash/block the parts of the current baby project, take care of it all in one go. I feel like about the only thing that fits my on the go knitting criteria is maybe the blue rose city rollers. Dragging those out, it looks like the first one is on the toe decreases and the second has not yet been cast on. They are at a total of 48 stitches, so not a lot left on the first one. Maybe if I dig out another needle I could cast on the second one and just stick it in the bag for when the first is finished. Decisions, decisions. I guess that is the decision made! Socks for purse knitting. Easy enough. *grin*
Do you carry around purse knitting? If so what do you typically carry places? Are you a sock knitter or do you prefer something else? What do you look for in a purse knitting project?

No comments:

Post a Comment